Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lets Play Catch Up

I am really sorry I know it has been a month, and really there is NO EXCUSE for such behavior.  Here is what is going on in our lives...



Abby celebrated her first Christmas

She got a New Car!
Prime Rib Christmas Dinner! (YUM!) Yes we made it NOT ordered!

Famous Cream Corn (Christmas Dinner)

Garlic Green Beans (Christmas Dinner)

Yorkshire Pudding (Christmas Dinner)
The Christmas Feast!

Abby in her Birthday Dress.  Happy First Birthday Little Miss!


Opening Birthday Presents

Talking to Auntie Jelaire on the phone!

A Lullaby Glow Worm Abby LOVES (just not at night it scares
her and she throws it out of the crib).
She plays with it all day, will give it "loves" (aka hugs),
and can make it sing all by herself!

Abby riding her cousin Tucker's bike! What a big girl!
Abby loves to be in the Kitchen.  Really.
She loves exploring in the cupboards
and especially loves the measuring cups.
She carries them all over the house!
P.S. This is her new crinkled nose smile.
I LOVE it! She does it ALL the time!
Abby's doggie! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Barker!

Abby loves to play in the kitchen, and LOVES her Grandpa
Bath time is Abby's favorite. She stands next to the tub and
starts to bounce up and down when she hears the water go on!
Eating a Butterfinger. Mom's the best.
Abby new hang out spot. She'll grab a toy and crawl
over to the box, get in and stay there for a good
ten minutes or so.  She loves it in there!

Abby has been sick a few times this Winter.
This is her and Mommy cuddling at night with a bottle
and some great Disney movies (which I think I enjoy everything
about this WAY more than she does, but oh well).
James is dutifully redoing my parents kitchen cabinets... going from wood to white! It looks amazing!  What a project though!
More cabinets over the bar

James is becoming even more comfortable at work with every day!  He is doing such a great job and really making an impact for the good!  At the end of February our whole family is going to Seattle for 8 days while James has management training at headquarters!  We are so excited!

Abby is still crawling around like Speedy Gonzalez.  She walks with her walker, and I have caught her standing on her own a few times, but as soon as she notices she calming lowers herself to the floor.  She does really well when she wants to walk, but absolutely refuses otherwise.  She definitely prefers standing to sitting and will pull herself up and walk around objects to get what she wants.

Abby is so smart.  We were playing outside the other day (which is her absolute favorite thing to do) she was following a crack in the ground and came to my car.  She crawled around my car to the other side and started to follow the crack again.  It amazes me every time she does something like this she is so smart.  

She now gives great kisses (even though most have tongue), waves all the time, has and adorable crinkled nose grin, talks on the phone, says "UH OH", will occasionally, if the moments strikes, blow kisses, and as always loves to give "bonk bonks" aka head butts!

Life has been fun here with Grandma and Grandpa, and we enjoy the weather (cooler in the morning and evening, but absolutely prefect during the day).  We have the windows and doors open now during the day, and Abby will just stand there banging on them until I take her out.  She is so adorable.  I always have people stop me and tell me how beautiful she is, and she always smiles at EVERYONE.  I love this little girl, and don't know how I got so lucky!

We miss you guys, and love you all!

Till next time,

Rachel, James, and Abigail Barker

5 comments:

Robyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robyn said...

Hooray for the update! It's so fun to hear what you all are up to. What about YOU, Rachel? Do you have a calling? Cooked anything fun lately (besides that amazing looking Christmas dinner)? Love you guys!

Sugar & Spice said...

Thanks SO much for the update and the wonderful pictures- miss you!

Arizona Barker Family said...

I was so excited to come home from work and find new pictures:) I think I have been staring at them for 15 minutes. We really, really miss you guys. The cabinets look great... the Christmas dinner looks yummy, and Abby is just so beautiful. We love you.

The Railsback's said...

holy cow that is going to make such a huge difference. you guys rock