Almost an entire year after starting (the program itself being only nine months long) I have finally officially graduated from culinary school (with honors). Culinary school was one of the best and hardest experiences of my life. There is definitely a lot more to culinary school than just cooking. There were many tests, practical exams, and more attention to detail than I care to talk about. With that all said I would do all over in a heartbeat.

Thank you to all my friends and family who have helped me achieve this great goal. A great deal of appreciation needs to go out to my better half James who luckily is too kind to say anything negative about my "experiments" but thankfully is now learning that comments are welcome just not too many at one time. :) There have been many nights when we are out eating at a restaurant wherever it may be and he engaging in meaningful conversation with me and I am looking right over his shoulder into the kitchen. He has learning to deal with my unusual questions to wait staff, which I think are just common questions. The phase "He/she is not wearing gloves" is heard quite often at our dinner tables. Even James is now picking up on minor health code violations wherever we go... I have trained him well! We have a great time, and I am so glad that I have a husband who is willing to learn and be involved with something I care so much about.

Another thanks goes out to Mom and Dad for flying all the way to Arizona to be here with me for my first real offical graduation !!! I love you both so much and am very grateful for all your love and support.

Thank you also to Gary and Susan, greater in-laws i could not have chossen myself. Thank you for feeding us every Sunday and so willingly invited me into the family (the hot dogs are GREAT!).
And to everyone reading there will always be more "experiments" and creations, so if your daring enough swing on by and we'll see what we can whip up together.
I haven't killed anyone yet.....
3 comments:
Congratulations, Rachel. Thanks for letting us be a part of your big day. I really like this "blog" idea. You guys are wonderful.
"Ma" Barker
We knew you could do it. And you did it extremely well. We're very proud of you and your accomplishments. It was our pleasure to be there and celebrate they experience with you. We wouldn't have missed it for the world. We love you.
Rachel we are so proud of you! I know you've worked hard (and put up with a lot... stupid fairy cakes!)I'm sure you're an even better chef now that you're official, I can't wait to try some of your food! And so excited you have a blog, we definitely need more ways to keep up with you and James from all the way up here in UT! love you both and congrats!!!
Post a Comment