Monday, July 21, 2008

The Low Down On My Accident

Okay, so I've mentioned this accident that I was in briefly before, but here is how the actual occurrence went. Please refer to my awesome forensic recreation for clarification.


As you can see, I was moving along the road, in the bike lane, and in the direction of traffic, when a truck came along, coming the other way on the road, turned left across traffic, hit me in the side and cause me to flip in the air, separate from my bike and land in the crosswalk. That's pretty much the gist of it in one long run on sentence.

Luckily for me, the guy that hit me stopped and there was an off duty police officer at the intersection (sorry he isn't marked on the drawing). the police and paramedics came rather quickly. With all the adrenaline in me, I felt okay, so Rachel came to pick me up and take me to work. They promptly sent me home and 2 hours later, when I had come down from my adrenaline high, we were at the hospital.

That all happened on Valentine's Day. On the 10th of July, I had surgery on my meniscus. A portion was cut out and a portion was fixed. Good luck with the following pictures. My surgeon explained them to me and all i know is that i have miniature buttons holding the repaired part together. You can see them, but everything else is a mystery to me. I am doing relatively fine. I have to be in a knee brace until the 7th of August at least. I'm sure that as I have much spare time in the coming days that I will tell more stories about the accident. I do apologize for this long post, thanks for staying with me to this point. I'll just let you look at the pictures now and be done.






3 comments:

amber {and co.} said...

I am quite impressed with your artwork James... not so impressed with the idiot who drove the wrong way in traffic and hit you! I hope they revoked his drivers license! Glad the surgery is over with and you're doin okay :)

Robyn said...

Nice pictures. Good thing I don't really understand what they are or I might be grossed out. Glad you got a shower--we'll have to play DDR on Sunday, or maybe a card game would suit you better. Ha ha.

Sugar & Spice said...

Glad the surgery is over and all is well! Miss you guys!