Thursday, May 20, 2010

Where Did the Time Go?

WARNING! LONG POST! LOTS OF PICTURES!

Beautiful Girl! All smiles

My wonderful husband cooked me lunch and dinner on our anniversary. I'm so lucky!

Abby can now roll from her tummy to her back, but sometimes gets stuck!

Abby loves her Daddy! James and Abby INSIDE a fish tank at Sea Life Aquarium in Carlsbad California. (Next to Legoland)

Abby with a sea turtle made out of Legos.

Abby LOVES to grab appendages. Especially noeses, lips and fingers!

Gorgeous Girl!

Mommy and Abby at Sea Life.

Abby giving bunny loves. Good nighttime cuddles. Note her links in the background.

View of the Oceanside Pier from the beach house balcony.
Ah heaven!

My handsome surfer and beautiful baby girl. James loves being a Daddy.

Mommy and Abby at the beach.

More beach fun.

Another view from the beach house and a glimpse of the hot tub on the balcony.
Are we in heaven?.... No it's California!

Abby and Grandma Barker.

Story time with Daddy.

Abby after Daddy finished feeding her rice cereal!

Abby's favorite part of eating "real" food... The spoon!

You know how everyone says "Enjoy it while they're small. They go up so fast." I had no idea just how right they were. Where have the last five months gone! Abby is getting so big! She grows and changes with each new day. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE watching her grow, Its just happening so fast I don't want to miss ANYTHING! Abby loves to smile and giggle. She is such a happy girl. James and I have been very lucky with such a well behaved first child. Abby loves playing with her "links". You know those little connectible links you can attach stuff to. She loves them. She also loves her "bunny". Abby loves "bunny" so much we actually have to one for on the go and one for at home (just so we are never without). Some of my favorite times is when she is just sitting there cuddling bunny. So sweet!

We have now entered the stage of life where everything goes directly to the mouth. When you hold her up to your shoulder looking behind you, she will suck on your shoulder until you are completely soaked through (and you stop or, or she'd keep going).

Abby has started eating baby food now, and is doing very well! She loves green beans and squash. She does well with plain rice cereal and rice cereal mixed with a little banana. She is not a super huge fan of bananas on there own, and absolutely didn't like carrots. I am so proud she likes veggies though, hopefully it lasts!

Abby still will not take a bottle she prefers Mommy (but who wouldn't she has such a super cool mommy!). We have started giving her a sipping cup and she LOVES it. She loves to hold it herself and can get it in her mouth just fine. She knows how to get the juice out, but doesn't quite understand how to swallow and still keep the sippy in her mouth. I actually pretty positive she wouldn't even care if there was juice in there she loves playing with it and chewing in the spout.

Sorry for such a long post. Hope you enjoyed the pics and the brief update. I'll try to be better about posting more frequently. Enjoy! Love you all!

Rachel

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute Rachel keep them commin

Sugar & Spice said...

so adorable!!! love and miss you all!

Josh and Tiff said...

Yeah for pictures. She is so cute and I can't believe how much she looks like you.

Josh and Tiff said...

Yeah for pictures. She is so cute and I can't believe how much she looks like you.

Robyn said...

Don't be sorry about a long post! I love it all! That Abby is adorable.