Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Our Summer Through Pictures (and a few words)!

Summertime brings so many new fun and exciting experiences.... Including...


Strawberry Popsicles! YUM!
(please note the immediate sugar comma displayed in this picture)

Frequent trips to the pool
(Mommy and Abby's swim attire drying in the bathroom)


So Abby now rolls over constantly, so giving baths, diaper changes and pretty much everything else has become nearly impossible. This is her new favorite position in the bath tub. I love this kid! She is just too cute!


What are you lookin at?

Is there something on my face?
Abby is usually very good about eating, and really does well at NOT getting it everywhere. However, if she is tired all bets are off it goes EVERYWHERE, and a little gets in the mouth.


OK. Here come the pictures from Abby's and My first ever Barker Family Reunion in Utah at Snowbird Ski Resort! This is Abby in her child carrier backpack getting ready for some way fun Geocaching! She is so sweet! She did really well in the pack. She sat and kicked her legs. It was so much fun in fact, she fell asleep in it on the long walk back to the lodge.


Vacation is hard! There's just so much fun things to do!
These are some of my favorite times, when she just is COMPLETELY passed out and as heavy as a rock! I can feel nothing but LOVE!


Family Picture! Abby shirt is just a little big :)


Grandma Barker and all her great-grandchildren. This was quite the effort to get all these kids together at once!


Abby and her Uncle John!


Grandma Barker and the Three Abigails. Yes, that's right the Barker family is blessed to have three beautiful little Abigails amongst them.
Oh, just as a side not, I am wearing pants my legs are just too white they blend in with the material. Believe me I'm sorry about that! :(


Sorry this picture is supposed to be after the next one but oh well. One night of the reunion we had a mummy making contest. This little doll (Eleanor) wanted to be included so her Dad wrapped her up and she was not shy at all about getting her picture taken. He was the bell of the ball!

Mummy Contest


The Balcony and view from our room at the Lodge.

We rode the tram to the summit on the second day we were there. There was still snow near the summit!

The view out of our window.

Cousins! Ty loved playing (and helping unpack) our luggage.

Why can't I play with the really expensive camera?

Oh well. I'm over it. I'll just be really cute instead! We love you Carter!

Thanks to all those who have helped make this a Fabulous summer thus far! We love you all. More fun info to come soon!

P.S. Abby can sit up all by herself now! Only when she wants to. She is pretty stubborn and lazy and would much rather lay up against Mom or Dad, but she sits up just fine on her own!

LOVES

6 comments:

Sugar & Spice said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful pics! We miss you all!

Kelsey said...

Love all the pictures! Looks like a great summer for you guys, love the view from your room. Doesn't time just fly with little ones?!

Rachel Barker said...

Time does fly! I get so sad when I think how big she is! Each new stage is s blast, but I just want to make sure I really slow down and enjoy EVERY MINUTE of them!

Robyn said...

The family picture of you guys in the orange shirts is adorable. Abby is such a doll. Also loved the one of her in the sink bath :) Missed you guys at dinner tonight!

Jamie said...

What a fun trip! That place looks beautiful. Abby is already so big, can't wait to meet her!

Sugar & Spice said...

Can I put in an OFFICAL request for a post update? We miss us some abby!!!
(and rachel, and james)