I feel the need to stop and publicly thank my wonderful sister Jelaire. She has no idea I am doing this, so Jelaire I am sorry if this embarrasses you, but it needed to be said! Jelaire got married just a few months back, and graciously allowed me to exercise my skills and practice not only the food for her wedding, but also the cakes! Yes, I wrote that correctly, CAKES! Plural, as in more than one. Actually there were thirty, and they weren't actually cake cakes, they were cheesecakes.
Fabulous! I thought having cheesecakes instead of a traditional wedding cake was and ingenious ideas and was 100% on board! Oh wait, I have never really made and cheesecake before and don't even eat them too often. Oh well, we will cross that bridge when we come to it. Here I must stop and thank my husband, my brother-in-law John and my beautiful sister-in-law Robyn for there extensive cheesecake knowledge and for being willing to eat piece after piece with no apparent end in site.
So to make a long story short, the cheesecakes were a HUGE success! Everyone at the wedding loved them, and I was given much praise. (I do not mean to sound prideful, even I was amazed at the result. I could not have had such success without the amazing support of those around me.)
For the month or so before the wedding I was completely consumed in making cheesecakes, and my poor fellow co-workers and boss heard nothing but "cheesecakes this and cheesecakes that" com out of my mouth until after I returned from California. This constant talk of cheesecakes singled me out as the special dessert/ cheesecake lady at work. (Each weekend at work we have a specialty dessert or cheesecake aside from our normal menu.) So to continue on with my incredibly long story (sorry) My bosses are out of town for three weeks, and they left me in charge of the desserts. Last week I was told on Thursday that I was to make a cheesecake for the weekend. We couldn't go buy any ingredients so I had to come up with something I could make with the ingredients I had on hand.
Here is where the HUGE THANK YOU JELAIRE comes into play. If I had not been given the opportunity to make so many cheesecakes for Jelaire's wedding I would be terrified and at a terrible loss of what to do. I looked around and decided to make an oatmeal snicker doodle cheesecake. (A cinnamon cheesecake sandwiched between two chewy oatmeal snicker doodle cookies). It sold OK , but there was a lady and her daughter who ordered a piece and loved it. The daughter has a birthday coming up and exclaimed that this what she wanted for her birthday cake. The mother called me and I have my very first client (who is not a close friend or relative, even though they make GREAT clients as well)! I am so excited that some tasted something I made, and now wants to buy more!
I can never give enough thanks to all those who have supported me and given me opportunities to learn, grow, and develop my skills! You guys are the best!
I love you and, and thank you for enduring my long story!
A picture of the cheesecake will follow.
Fabulous! I thought having cheesecakes instead of a traditional wedding cake was and ingenious ideas and was 100% on board! Oh wait, I have never really made and cheesecake before and don't even eat them too often. Oh well, we will cross that bridge when we come to it. Here I must stop and thank my husband, my brother-in-law John and my beautiful sister-in-law Robyn for there extensive cheesecake knowledge and for being willing to eat piece after piece with no apparent end in site.
So to make a long story short, the cheesecakes were a HUGE success! Everyone at the wedding loved them, and I was given much praise. (I do not mean to sound prideful, even I was amazed at the result. I could not have had such success without the amazing support of those around me.)
For the month or so before the wedding I was completely consumed in making cheesecakes, and my poor fellow co-workers and boss heard nothing but "cheesecakes this and cheesecakes that" com out of my mouth until after I returned from California. This constant talk of cheesecakes singled me out as the special dessert/ cheesecake lady at work. (Each weekend at work we have a specialty dessert or cheesecake aside from our normal menu.) So to continue on with my incredibly long story (sorry) My bosses are out of town for three weeks, and they left me in charge of the desserts. Last week I was told on Thursday that I was to make a cheesecake for the weekend. We couldn't go buy any ingredients so I had to come up with something I could make with the ingredients I had on hand.
Here is where the HUGE THANK YOU JELAIRE comes into play. If I had not been given the opportunity to make so many cheesecakes for Jelaire's wedding I would be terrified and at a terrible loss of what to do. I looked around and decided to make an oatmeal snicker doodle cheesecake. (A cinnamon cheesecake sandwiched between two chewy oatmeal snicker doodle cookies). It sold OK , but there was a lady and her daughter who ordered a piece and loved it. The daughter has a birthday coming up and exclaimed that this what she wanted for her birthday cake. The mother called me and I have my very first client (who is not a close friend or relative, even though they make GREAT clients as well)! I am so excited that some tasted something I made, and now wants to buy more!
I can never give enough thanks to all those who have supported me and given me opportunities to learn, grow, and develop my skills! You guys are the best!
I love you and, and thank you for enduring my long story!
A picture of the cheesecake will follow.
4 comments:
Rachel you are the master at anything culinary, I'm sure the cheesecakes were AMAZING!! I can't even tell you how badly I wish I had been there to "test them" for you :) How about you whip one up when we come down for Christmas?? ;)
I will be your cheesecake (or any other food for that matter) anytime. They really were amazing.
Totally sweet deal my sis! Congrats
That looks really yummy and I'm not even a cheesecake lover
Post a Comment